Rice 2-3 cups
Whole Spices: Cloves (5-6), Cinnamon Stick (2″ stick), Bay leaves (2), Black cardamom (1), Star Anise (1), Ginger (1-2″ pieces – sliced)
Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
Red chilli powder (1 tsp)
Salt to taste
Tomatoes chopped (2 medium sized)
Yogurt ( 1 cup)
Chicken cubed/ small fleshy portions (600-800 gms)
Onions (2-3 meduim sized onions – sliced and caramelize)
Garam Masala Powder (1 tsp)
1/2 cup milk
1tsp Rose water
2-3 strands kesar
Pudina (Mint Leaves)- 1 cup
Coriander leaves – 3/4 cup
Boil rice separately and drain excess water.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the whole spices garam masala.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Place the heat on low flame and add in the yogurt and stir continuously so that the yogurt stays intact.
- Add in the chicken and cook till done.
- Sprinkle the caramelizedd onions on the chicken.
- Spread the boiled rice across the chicken.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder on the rice.
- And pour the milk mixture across the rice.
- Spread the pudina and the coriander leaves across the rice.
- Close the wok and cook for about 5 minutes
When serving mix the entire content and then serve.
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Water as needed
- Tomatoes (1 or 2)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder and dhania powder to garnish
- Pudina leaves to garnish
Mix all the ingredients together. And garnish!
Bon Apetit!! 🙂