500 gms chicken (pieces)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 medium size onions
Cinnamon powder – a pinch
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Chopped Coriander – 3 tbsp
1 and a half cup yoghurt
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt (or salt to taste)
Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add cumin seeds – when they start sizzling add ginger-garlic paste and saute for about a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder followed by coriander powder and cumin powder. Fry it for about a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken with the marinade. Stir for a while till you are certain that the yoghurt is not curdling.
- Cook till chicken is done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Goes well with:
- Rice and Dhal curry
- Chappati and Dhal curry
Notes from my desk:
- You can add coconut milk if you would like to enhance the flavors. It will do wonders to your dish. I avoid it since I try to use coconut in moderation across all my dishes.
- When cooking always go with your instinct. If your instinct is wrong you will learn and develop a new instinct 🙂
Experiment! Change an ingredient and let me know what worked 🙂 … or what didn’t 😦