2 tbsp oil
Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp chopped
Red thai curry paste (available in stores) – 3 tbsp
Onion – 2 meduium sized – cubed
Babycorns – 8 – chopped to size of onions cubed
Green bell pepper – 1 – chopped to size of onions cubed
Peas – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2 large potatoes – cubed
Tomato Puree – 1 cup
Water as required – begin with 3/4th cup
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
Cashew powder (grind cashews at home) – 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a wok
- Add 1 tsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp chopped ginger. Saute till cooked (for about a minute).
- Add red thai curry paste. Saute for about 2 minutes
- Add onions, baby corn, peas and potatoes. Saute for about a minute. Close the wok and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and cumin powder
- Add tomato puree to the vegetables and water. Close the wok and cook until the veggies are done.
- Add cashew powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir occasionally as consistency will change and there is a possibility of the dish burning.
Goes well with:
Notes from my Desk:
- Check the thai curry paste label for salt. I didn’t have to add salt. So watch the salt!
- Use veggies available at home. It will work just fine.
- This is a blend of Indian and Thai cooking! It turned out quite well!
Experiment, Enjoy and Drop in a line!!