This turned out quite nice. The good thing about this recipe is that you can alter the spice to suit your palate. I haven’t gone strictly by measurements here so am giving the approximate.
You can either use leftover cooked rice or make fresh rice even basmati if you want to add a touch of elegance to it 🙂
- Mint leaves/ Pudina – 1 cup
- Corriander leaves – 3/4th cup
- Green chillies – 3 – chopped (go by your requirement)
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Water as required
Seasoning and Cooking
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inch
- Mace/ Javitri – 1
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp (go by your requirement)
- Tomatoes – 1 chopped
- Peas – 1/ 4th cup
- Coriander powder – 11/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder
- 4-6 cups cooked rice
- Masala – Grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, grated coconut, green chillies together with very little water. Ensure that all the ingredients have been together to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, mace and cardamom. Saute for about a minute.
- Add chopped onions. Saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Continue to saute.
- Add ground paste. Saute for about 1-2 minutes
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Continue to saute
- Add tomatoes and peas.Let them cook till done.
- Add cooked rice and mix it will with the masala
This can be eaten by itself or with a yogurt based salad. It’s quick and delicious.