- Two medium sized bitter gourd.
- Water – 2-3 tbsps
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Onions – 2-3
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut Bitter Gourd into thin slices
Add 2-3 tbsps of water to the bitter gourd. Microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter Add the onions and saute.
- When the onions turn golden brown add the ginger-garlic paste and continue to saute for about a minute.
- Add the powders with sugar and salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add the bitter gourd. Cook till done (should be about 5 minutes). Add more water for cooking if required.